About Venture Leap
We are a team of experienced entrepreneurs and developers who enjoy building new things together. We help our clients to implement data-sensitive digital applications. Our clients range from start-ups to established companies across all industries, especially GovTech and HealthTech. Our product and client portfolio includes Probatix (https://probatix.de
), Civical (https://civical.de
), and GovMind (https://govmind.tech
). For this purpose, we use our custom-built API-first platform LEAP.one.
With the help of our platform LEAP.one, sophisticated web applications on complex and sensitive data can be implemented fast, securely, and stably. The individual modules of the platform can be flexibly combined and form the basic building blocks of every solution. This allows companies and institutions to get their digital ideas up and running quickly and scalably, and to concentrate on the essentials.
About you role
As Senior Backend Developer, you will contribute to the development of LEAP.one and our clients' applications with the goal of creating easy-to-use, secure, and scalable web applications. This role contributes directly to the added value of our business since the core product of the company is an API.What is your mission
- Guide the development and execution of mid- & long-term technical vision and architectural direction of LEAP.one to create a highly scalable solution that allows rapid innovation and experimentation.
- This job will contribute both to real-life use-cases and to an ever-growing core API that accumulates the best of our projects.
- Gather best practices into multiple modules organized as microservices, to allow us to always challenge larger and more complex projects.
- You will write tests to cover your contributions and help others with code reviews.
Who you are
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related/relevant technical field
- 5+ years of work experience
- Experience with modern product development practices, including software testing (eg. unit testing, regression testing)
- Experience with microservices architecture and API platforms
- Expertise in PHP technologies (Symfony, Laravel, API Platform)
- Familiarity with modern tools such as Docker, CI/CD (Jenkins or Gitlab CI), and Kubernetes
- A bias for action and ownership that you can demonstrate with your CV
- Our Mission Digital Products - Done Right resonates with you
- You are currently based in Berlin or willing to relocate
What we offer you
- A highly entrepreneurial environment where everyone has ownership and freedom to move towards our ambitious goals while getting strong enablement from the founders
- Constant learning and progress of your tech knowledge through weekly tech talks and company supported Udemy, Coursera, etc. courses
- An open and international company culture with 15 different nationalities
- Flat hierarchies for creative ideas and unconventional approaches
- 28 days of paid leave
Are you up for the challenge? Let’s change the world of digital products together and provide entrepreneurs and innovators with the best digital products out there!
We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds.
As a team, we strive for transparent communication, clear expectation management, and mutual respect. If we start something – we will finish it.
If it won’t work – we are not afraid to voice our opinion and if necessary even turn down a project. We love to learn, and we do so every day.